Tuesday, October 20, 2009

19 Week Ultrasound

Today, Loren and I got to see our baby again. We are suppose to be at 19 weeks on Thursday, but the baby measured 19 weeks and 1 day today. The baby is growing great. It is sitting in my belly breach right now, but that is totally normal most don't move until closer to the due date. The baby's feet were way down low, and the tech kept asking if I could feel it kicking my bladder. Luckily I had an empty bladder, but I'm not looking forward to the future. It has all 10 fingers and 10 toes. The brain looks great.

We ended up spending 30 min plus getting the ultrasound. They measured everything from the heart to the kidneys, to the arms and the legs. It was amazing how much you could see. You can't see it in any of the pictures here, but you could see the backbone and ribs. At first the baby was moving around a bunch and the tech couldn't get a good pictures, but then the baby curled up in a little bitty ball and wouldn't get into the right position for pictures.

The first picture is of both feet. The second picture is a profile. The third picture is a profile with a view of it's foot at the top. In the last picture you can see the baby sucking on its thumb. It was amazing that you could actually see it swallowing. We are happy that our baby is healthy and growing. The ultrasound will calm my worries for a little bit. Our next appointment is in 4 weeks and we will have another ultrasound to get a better picture of the spine. I'm very excited to see how much it has grown. We did get a video of the baby moving around, but Loren took it to work. I will be posting that when I get home.




3 comments:

Nikki said...

YAY!! It is so exciting to get to actually see that something is really in there! How awesome for you!

West Family said...

I am glad everything went well. It makes it seem so real when you get to see the baby like that!

Emily said...

I love ultrasounds. I can't believe you saw your baby for that long and you weren't even tempted to find out the sex. I admire people who wait to find out. I am glad things are going well.