Saturday, January 22, 2011

10 Months

Our little girl is now 10 months old, and growing way too fast. Callie measures in at 85 % for her height and 50% for her weight. She really has gotten tall this past month. She is wearing 12-18 month clothes, and some she has already grown out of 18 month clothing(companies need to make a standard size).Callie has picked up walking these last couple of weeks, but will only walk if you tell her to walk. She will not wear shoes, so going outside to walk is limited. If you tell her to go get her monkey , she will walk to it and bring it to you. She has really begun understanding many of the words we use around her. Callie has also started showing signs of talking. She knows how to say momma and dadda, but has now started saying dou dou dou when she is trying to get the dog. I even hear her say or try to say diaper when she is getting her diaper changed. She is still as naughty as ever. The other day she was crawling towards the dog food and I was behind her, she turned around and looked at me and then laughed while she continued faster towards the food. The dog door is an every day fight with her. She throws her little temper tantrums when you take her away from the door too. I have a feeling we are going to be outside all summer.Callie now has 5 teeth and the 6th is about to pop through any day now. I'm really glad I stopped nursing when I did, because it hurts when she bites. Biting...I don't know what her issue is, but she bites me all the time. My arm, my leg, anything she can get her teeth on, but she doesn't bite Loren at all. What does that mean? Another thing that she does that is pretty funny is that she pulls on my shirt until my lady parts are exposed and then shoves her head in like she is looking for something. I guess she does miss nursing.

Callie is eating everything. This past month we started cheeses and yogurts. She loves them. Even today we let her try a cheeto and she was covered in orange by the end of lunch. She still loves all of her veggies and fruits, but now has added meats and cheeses to her liking. She has just recently realized she can spit things out if she doesn't like them. She doesn't like swiss cheese, but I can' t blame her. She even spit out Kraft Mac and cheese. We can't believe how fast the months are going. It's hard to believe that she will be 1 in 2 months. I'm so glad that Callie is in our lives. She is such a hoot and I love her little personality, even when it drives me crazy some days.

2 comments:

Dale and Sarah said...

She is getting so big! WOW!


Side note: I came across a blog that has a bunch of ideas. http://homemadebyjill.blogspot.com/

You can make some of her ideas/crafts and sell them on Etsy.

Susan Smith said...

So Cute! I wish I was there! Give her a hug and Kiss for me, and tell her Aunt Susan Loves her!