Monday, January 30, 2012

Bad News

This last October we found out that we would be expecting a baby. We went in for our first Doctors appointment in December and found out that the baby had stopped growing at 6 weeks. The Dr. told us that we could wait for the nature to take its course and miscarriage naturally or have a D&C. After having a second ultra sound and verifying that the baby hadn't grown, we decided to have a D&C. The week before Christmas I had the operation. Christmas wasn't the best this year with everything that went on, but I think all the things going on with Christmas kept my mind off of the loss.

I've dealt with this loss much better than I thought I would. Maybe mentally I wasn't prepared for baby number 2. But I understand why this happened and it makes sense. I'm amazed at how complex our bodies are. My body knew that something was not right with this pregnancy (whether it was the brain not growing right or the heart not forming correctly) and it stopped the pregnancy. Maybe the child that was going to get this body, didn't need to be tested here on earth, it only needed a body. I'm happy that I was able to give him or her that gift. We won't know until after this earthly life on whether or not this is true, but I can't wait to find out.

Since I've had a healthy pregnancy before, the Dr. said that it shouldn't be an issue getting pregnant again or having another healthy child. We are going to wait a bit though. We don't want a holiday baby, so we will do some planning.

I'm so grateful for the gospel in my life. It gives me hope, comfort, and knowledge. I'm grateful for this body and the unknown power it really does have. I'm grateful for my husband that has been by my side this whole time.

5 comments:

The Orchards said...

Paige - I hope you know that you can always count on me for support. You're so awesome.

Unknown said...

I enjoyed reading your articles. This is truly a great read for me. I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new articles.


http://www.daveigh-chase.org/

Nikki said...

I am so sorry for your loss! I had a miscarriage 6 months before I got pregnant with my oldest. I took it really hard and was so grateful for the gospel in my life! You have a great attitude towards it and I know Heavenly Father is mindful of you!

Tim, Jennie, Paisley, Claire and Moose said...

I am sorry friend. I am glad that you are doing well. Love you

Melanie said...

I'm sorry Paige. Miscarriages can be very hard emotionally. It sounds like you are handling it well.