Friday, November 21, 2008

Great deal!

Loren and I ran to Wal-Mart last night to pick up some eggs. While walking down the main aisle, we spotted Campbell's cream of mushroom and cream of chicken on sale for $.50. Wow, we thought. You can't even buy the imitation brand for that price. Since we have been working on our food storage this past year, we thought we would stock up. I think the lady at the check out thought we were crazy when we checked out with 24 cans of Cream of Chicken and 72 cans of Cream of Mushroom. Now...those weren't all of ours. 48 cans of the Cream of Mushrooms were for Loren's parents. It is one more step on being prepared for anything (recession, famine, job loss). I really do believe that each one of us should have a food storage, even if you only buy 1 extra can of food each shopping trip. The prophets wouldn't tell you, if it wasn't important. It has been hard storing everything, but we've found a place for everything (under beds, in totes, in the garage).

1 comment:

Emily said...

Hey, so I have also been trying to get some food storage going lately. Living in an apartment, I am really having a hard time finding a place for it. I have even just started piling it under chairs and stuff. This stresses Dallas out because he just thinks we need to hurry and eat it. Oh well. I am sorry I hardly ever comment. I forgot to link yours to mine, but now watch out! You are in my recently updated list!