Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Mommy's nap time activities

Callie has been taking longer naps lately. And with the time I have now, well when I'm not running back into her room to put her pacifier in, I've started doing some projects. I've made several tutu's in the past couple days (I hope she isn't a tom boy) and then today I sewed a headband. She was still sleeping so I snuck into my scrape booking supplies and made some floral hair clips. I'm excited to try them on her.If you know me, I'm always planning ahead. The last time I was at Goodwill looking for books I spotted some Easter books. I got so excited about Callie's Easter basket, I went ahead and made it. I got the basket at DI for $2 and spray paint for $3. I had bought the bunny, eggs, and grass after this last Easter for 75% off and already had the ribbon. I'm sure there will be more things we purchase to put in the basket, but I think it looks pretty cute.For my next couple of projects I plan on sewing a dog bed (we'll see if he chews it up or not), typing a cookbook of my favorite recipes, and making a scrape book for 2008. I finished 2009 last week and it is being shipped. I'm very excited to get it and see how it looks. I'm planning on doing a small digital scrape book for every year. It took me a couple of weeks to do 2009, but it is going a lot smoother for 2008. I have a deadline of Aug 31 to get the book for free, so I've got to jump on it pretty soon.

I have the best job in the world. I get to spend most of the day with my little girl and then I get to do all of my little projects. I love being able to stay at home. Thank you Loren. I love you.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

You're so talented! I LOVE the little tutu's and petti-skirts, and definitely will need to get one for my girl. Too bad I can't just make them like you!

Ali said...

Don't you just love naptime? I love being able to accomplish all of my projects during it too. All your projects look great! Have fun!