Thursday, December 3, 2009

25 Weeks, only 15 to go!

How our baby's growing! Head to heels, our baby now measures about 13 1/2 inches. It's weight — a pound and a half — isn't much more than an average rutabaga, but it's beginning to exchange it's long, lean look for some baby fat. As it does, the wrinkled skin will begin to smooth out and it'll start to look more and more like a newborn. It's also growing more hair — and if you could see it, you'd now be able to discern its color and texture.

So my belly continues to grow/stretch/hurt. The past couple of days have been horrible. I've woken up at 3 am each night in pain. You would think that at night things would feel great, being able to relax and all. Not for me. The muscle that stretches over my belly and attaches to the pubic bone is stretching and being overworked. Therefore causing a lot of pain on my lower abdomen and also causing pain to shoot down my legs, wrap around to my back and make me very uncomfortable. I can't lift one leg without the other without pain (I have to cut out stairs at work). Maybe I'm trying to do too much around the house/church/work, so I've got to tell myself to sit down, pause, and rest. I really hate not being able to do the things I'm use too. Other then all the pains, pregnancy is going good. I'm gaining my 1 pound a week and I am also feeling the baby move all the time. Loren has even felt it move a couple times.
Thanksgiving was wonderful. Loren's family came into town and we had our first Thanksgiving in our home. It was great having them around. Not only to help around the house (installing two toilets, raking leaves, installing light fixtures, fixing lamps, and playing with the dog) they were a joy have around. We even got up on black Friday. I ended up getting a Glider (1/2 off), 3 boxes of wipes ($5 for 500), and 6 packages of diapers ($5 a bag). It feels good to get things for the baby, especially when they are a good price.
I'm so thankful for everything in my life this year. My wonderful husband, the gospel, family, my job, our home, having the opportunity to have a child, our wonderful and weird animals, and many more things. Something else I'm grateful for, is the kindness of others. There is a gentleman at work that has been giving me any and all of his baby stuff he has still. Last night I went home with nice diaper bag, infant toys, bottles, little girl sweaters, heavy duty baby gate, car seat head support, and a booster seat. He also plans on bringing me a baby backpack. I'm also grateful for the people on Freecycle. We have gotten so much for nothing (swing, clothes, potty chair, bouncer, boppy, car window shades, and probably more I can't think of now). It really helps out when you are working with a budget and trying to save enough to pay for the hospital right after the baby is born.

1 comment:

Nikki said...

What awesome deals! I should go shopping with you! Can you believe only 1 more trimester (almost)! You'll be a mommy before you know it!