Friday, December 18, 2009

27 Weeks

This week, our baby weighs almost 2 pounds (like a head of cauliflower) and is about 14 1/2 inches long with its legs extended. It is sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing it's eyes, and perhaps even sucking it's fingers. With more brain tissue developing, our baby's brain is very active now. While it's lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with a lot of medical help — if the baby were born now.

The baby is moving more and more each day. It really makes me laugh when it is awake and moving. We went to the doctor on Tuesday to do the glucose test (nastiest stuff ever). We haven't gotten any word back, so hopefully we are in the clear. We haven't started on the nursery yet, but I've got all the designs picked out. I have been stocking up on diapers when I find them on sale. This week Walgreens was having Huggies on sale for $8.99 with a $2.00 coupon for next time, a $1.00 in store coupon, and a $2.00 manufactures coupon. I ended up getting a pack of Huggies for $3.99. And if you spent more than $25, you got a $5.00 coupon to spend on any purchase later. The closet is getting too full of diapers though, I'll have to find a new spot to keep them.

I'm doing good. Work is keeping me busy and the baby is keeping me exhausted. I've been trying to finish up lose projects around the house, but the church calling has me busy every evening. So far this month I've finished my sisters quilt, a baby quilt, the baby's stocking, scrapbooking a calendar, and cutting the fabric for another baby blanket. I've got much more to do, but things will happen when they do.

Loren is doing better. He is still coughing all the time. At least he can function now. He still enjoys taking the dog on walks every evening. I can't participate with my leg in as much pain as it is, and the risk of slipping on the snow/ice.

Our animals are doing good. They love the Christmas tree. Artard is climbing the tree everyday to knock off the bulbs. He actually pulled off all my ribbon the other day. Then every time Bowser walks by the tree, he bites one of the limbs. It's sad that only half of my tree has ornaments, but I guess I'm just getting prepared for next year when we have a little one crawling around. Bowser finally jumped the baby gate yesterday. Every time Loren gets home, Bowser jumps like crazy and makes funny noises because he is so happy someone is home and he can come out of our room. But yesterday when Loren got home, he walked into the kitchen to get the leash first before letting him out and Bowser was so excited, he just leaped over the gate. I didn't think he could even jump. I guess we will have to dog proof the rest of the house now, just to make sure he can't get into anything.

Life is great. Christmas will be here before we know it and we will be flying back to Kansas. I'm pretty excited to see my whole family and be there for Christmas. I haven't been in Kansas for Christmas in 5 years.

1 comment:

"Chunky" Bratcher said...

Good luck on the baby it seems I am surounded by pepole who are having children, My best friend just had a baby 3 months ago, my brother in law and his wife droped theirs on christmas eve, and yet another friend of mine will be a first time father in a week. Maybee God is trying to tell my wife and I something