Friday, December 11, 2009

26 weeks

The network of nerves in our baby's ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. It may now be able to hear both our voices. It's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of it's lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when it's born and takes that first gulp of air. And it's continuing to put on baby fat. It now weighs about a pound and two-thirds and measures 14 inches from head to heel. If we are having a boy, his testicles are beginning to descend into his scrotum — a trip that will take two to three days.

As each day goes by, the baby moves more and more. I'm starting to feel movements in 2 locations at a time (up high and down low). It must growing fast. I can't believe there is only 14 more weeks of this pregnancy. I have a Dr. appointment next Tuesday to have the Glucose test and another exam. I'm almost to the third trimester...Yeah!

Loren has been sick this past week and finally decided to stay home and try to get better on Thursday and Friday. He actually got banished from the bedroom to the guest room, just to make sure I don't get sick. Today he is starting to feel a little better, but he still sounds like he is going to cough up a lung.

I've been feeling ok. Still having issues with my leg and every step is painful. I've finally found a stretch that stretches the specific muscle, so the past two days have actually been tolerable. Except I went to the chiropractor today and I'm one sore puppy. He really stretched those muscles and realigned my lower back. I've already had to ice it once. It's going to be a hard weekend. I'm looking forward to the weekend though. I'm going to a girls night out Christmas party with woman from the church. Then on Saturday, Keri is coming over to scrapbook a calendar with me. That night, if the roads aren't too icy, hopefully we can go look for some good Christmas lights.

Christmas is coming so fast, good thing I really don't have to buy anything this year. I have all the white elephant gifts around the house and the baby drew a cousins name for Christmas. One gift and we are done. Loren and I have decided to buy baby furniture for each other for Christmas and we are waiting for it to go on sale. That present might have to wait until January or February.

No comments: